One of the natural wonders of the world is the Dead Sea, which is 1,200 feet below sea level. Over millions of years, the hot dry air and high evaporation rate have contributed to the high salt concentration present in the Dead Sea, making it one of the saltiest lakes in the world. Compared to the 3% salt content of ordinary seawater, researchers claim that the Dead Sea water contains 32% salts with a relatively high concentration of 21 minerals such as magnesium, calcium, bromide and potassium. Twelve of these minerals are not found in another other sea or ocean. Research has shown there are specific benefits to each of these Dead Sea minerals such as:
- Calcium: soothes and relieves skin cells, is necessary in strengthening cell membranes and cleansing pores
- Magnesium: accelerates the metabolism of cells by assisting the body to utilize other essential nutrients, works as an anti-allergic agent
- Chloride: balances minerals in cells and in the body, necessary to maintain the correct balance of alkaline and acid in the body, which is vital for cell metabolism
- Bromide: heals and relieves disorders, and has a relaxing effect as an anti-inflammatory agent, can be used as a natural antibiotic Sodium Chloride--nourishes and hydrates skin cells and removes toxic waste, improving its permeability
- Iodine: vital for cell metabolism and regulates the metabolic energy, necessary for the production of hormone thyroxin
- Zinc: natural regulation of cell growth and regeneration. Facilitates cell renewal and stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis (renews skin). A great antioxidant this mineral is a free radicals scavenger. It also improves Sebo-regulation (anti-acne properties), anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural UV rays blocker
- Boron: replenishment of the Boron mineral helps to relieve the symptoms of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Potassium: improves oxidation, stimulates and maintains nerve signals and muscle contractions, necessary to maintain water balance in order for cell metabolism to take place, assists cells to absorb nourishment and expel waste products. An imbalance of potassium often leads to water retention. Signs of potassium deficiency include abnormally dry skin and acne as well as flare-ups of Psoriasis.
- Sulfur: necessary for secretion of bile from the liver and for converting toxins into non-toxins. Has also been shown effective to help relieve symptoms of skin disorders such as Psoriasis and Eczema.
Why have people been drawn to the minerals of this region for hundreds of years?
Medical studies have shown that Dead Sea Minerals are effective in treating psoriasis, acne, rheumatism and eczema. Dead Sea minerals are known to cure skin disorders through strengthening the skin tissues, maintaining the chemical balance of the skin, stimulating blood circulation and eliminating toxins from the skin. For example, the concentration of magnesium found in the Dead Sea is reported to be about fifteen times higher than salts in any other sea. As we mentioned above, magnesium is essential for cell metabolism. A significant deficit of magnesium has been discovered in serum and skin scales of patients with psoriasis. Millions of people have travelled to the Dead Sea to relax and enjoy its beauty, but more importantly to experience the healing, beautifying and rejuvenating powers of its waters. Due to the high concentration of salt and mineral content in the Dead Sea, no plant or animal life can survive. There is no outlet for the water except for evaporation, so the salt and minerals left behind collect on the shores and the bottom of the Dead Sea. These mineral-rich salts and other sediments left behind are extremely beneficial to the body. With the Dead Sea Spa Care products, you can have the benefits of a most amazing natural spa, the Dead Sea, from the comfort of your own home. Minerals are essential for the metabolism of the skin. With age, the level of minerals in the body is depleted. Researchers have found that the body no longer produces minerals on its own, and must draw from an external source of supply. Minerals provide protection and strengthen cell membranes against dehydration and environmental hazards.
Product Benefits of Dead Sea Salts for Skin Problems:
- Acne: Dead Sea Salts have a high sulfur content and useful in the cleansing required to purify the skin of acne sufferers
- Reducing Stress: Dead Sea Salt and Mineral Mud from the Dead Sea offer wonderful relief of the symptoms by increasing circulation and detoxification necessary to remove the by products from the stress cycle thereby freeing your cells from toxins. They also moisturize the skin and enhance relaxation of the body, which in turn enables one to obtain adequate sleep, necessary for regeneration of the body
- Psoriasis: Skin is assisted in eliminating toxins, regenerating new cells, increased circulation and general body purification, which has resulted in lengthening the duration of remission and has been recommended as an alternative treatment for the condition
- Cellulite: Dead Sea Salt can assist in detoxifying, improving circulation and suppleness of the skin, and can assist in the general cleansing of the skin, necessary to remove the impurities that are otherwise trapped within the tissue.
- Skin Allergies: The high magnesium and bromine content in the Dead Sea Salt is beneficial for anti-allergic due to its cleansing, detoxifying of the skin, providing smoothness and relaxation.
- Atopic Dermatitis / Eczema: Sever itching often subsides, clearing is usually good.
- Dry Skin: Regular soaking with Dead Sea salts and then applying a moisturizer can also alleviate uncomfortable symptoms. High mineral content in the Dead Sea Salt, helps both in cleansing and replacing required electrolytes necessary for healthy skin.
- Wrinkles: Research into the benefits of minerals from the Dead Sea Salt has shown a 40% reduction in the depth of wrinkles.
- Arthritis: Minerals in the mud found in the Dead Sea improve blood circulation necessary to reduce the inflammatory response, together with the detoxifying agent and general muscle relaxant.
- Hair Loss: By using Dead Sea Salt in cleansing the scalp, it improves the hair follicles ability to allow hair to grow, in turn reducing hair loss.
- Dandruff: Dead Sea Salts contain sulfur in a natural form. In addition, the other minerals assist in detoxifying and cleansing which is vital to restore the balance of cells to reduce the oiliness of the scalp...